My reason for running

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You know the reason! It is the same for everyone. To get healthy, stay sexy looking, have rock hard legs, and my favorite (get big veins in my legs). With that said I just feel a sense of accomplishment. The running 1 or 2 miles is great but that does not prove anything to me now. I can do something that most people can't or don't want to do. That may be selfish but to me it makes me feel special. For someone who spent most of his childhood feeling average it finally feels wonderful to feel better than average. My wife thinks I am strange that I get emotional after a huge race. What she doesn't understand is that moment is a completion to all the preparation of the prior months. We as runners have worked so hard. Each at there own pace and difficulty but they still finished. That gives me chills. I used to never like watching the Ironman on TV. Now I can not get enough, I understand thier feelings and how hard they worked. I dream of the day I can do a tri. I love the runs but it would be another challenge and accomplishment that I can be proud of. In my shelfishness I wish that all those people who knew me before and made fun of my average ability could see me know. That is shelfish but It would make me feel damn good.

Love running and everything about it!

Later.

Posted by ebear at 2:13 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment